Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hasta luego, Erie

More holiday cards written, ready to be sent - a few are past where they can be sent but I want to send greetings to friends and do NOT wish to haul (many) cards back to NYC. Got a lovely but heavy gift from my nephew and his wife. (They didn't think to consider weight.) [9:00 AM]

---

We drove out to Chris's Aunt Shirley's car dealership where he washed Aunt Betty's car . We gave them a plate of Aunt Betty's great cookies and talked to his friend and colleague David. We then dropped off the last of the Christmas-come-New Year's cards then I went out to lunch with high school friend Donna Luciano at the Corner Stone on East 38th Street. We were waited on by a pleasant and attentive Martha. While we talked and caught up, Aunt Betty went home to her soaps. Picking us up after our lunch of fish and chips or in my case fish and mashed, Aunt Betty drove us down to the transportation intermodal center in northern Erie, not far from the Erie Dock. I had already called Discover and learned that while I hadn't received the confirmation, the charge for my Greyhound bus ticked had indeed gone through and the center's ticket attendant confirmed that Greyhound had my ticket recorded as well. He was kind enough to give me my bag tag so we can return about a half an hour before and wait for the bus.

Before dropping Donna home we also traveled over to the Peninsula a/k/a Presque Isle State Park. We drove a bit into the park, and Donna and I got out briefly to check out the snow dunes. I took several photos and then we took Donna home and I returned to Aunt Betty's home to pack. A bit of a struggle but I think it will do. I am leaving an old pair of shoes with some life in them but toss-able and a pretty Thomas Kinkade winter scene mug that didn't safely fit. Perhaps the next trip.

I'm not hungry. Just relaxing now until time to leave for the bus. Hope more snow cleanup has been done in my Queens neighborhood. I can hope. Hope I fit on the bus arriving from Cleveland and on the connecting bus leaving Buffalo. Could be an adventure. Wonder, too, if there will be Amish this trip. I should know in a few hours. (Peace hugs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment